Congratulations on signing up for the Pierce County Matchup and making the commitment to improve your health through losing weight and getting fit. The Matchup begins in just over two weeks and we’re excited to announce a little pre-competition contest for you and your team today. Please read on for all of the details.
Gettin’ Healthy In Pierce County Photo Challenge
Your Mission: To get out into the greater Tacoma and Seattle areas and capture photographic proof that local businesses know how to get healthy! Since the Pierce County Matchup is about the community getting healthy together, we are challenging you to show that your favorite spots throughout the community care about helping their employees and customers get healthy.
- Create a Facebook page for your Matchup team. (Directions below.)
- Visit local businesses and let them know that you’re participating in the Pierce County Matchup with HealthyWage. Ask the managers and/or employees for a visual interpretation of how they help their customers or employees get healthy and snap a picture. Here are a few ideas to help you get started: a) Stop in at Mary’s Burger Bistro and get a picture of an employee serving a customer a salmon or vegetarian burger instead of a beef burger. b) Visit Shoes-n-Feet and capture someone purchasing running shoes. c) Find an office that has a sign encouraging employees to take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Post the photo on your team’s facebook page. Tag the business (if they’re on Facebook) and HealthyWage in the photo.
- Snap at least 5, but no more than 10, photos from various local businesses. All photos must be published to your Facebook page on or before March 23, 2012.
The Judging: A panel of “celebrity” judges (to be announced) will look over all of the photos posted on your Facebook page, as well as the pages of all other participants. The winners will be decided based on the creativity of the photos.
The Prize: The winning team will receive $500 in gift cards ($100 for each team member) to either Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s so that you can stock up on some healthy foods!
Facebook page set up directions:
- Log in to Facebook and navigate to this link: http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
- Select the “Cause or Community” option, then type in your team name where it says “Cause or Community,” and then click “Get Started”
- Fan HealthyWage (click “Edit Info” under your team’s name, and then enter “HealthyWage” as your team’s “Official Page”)!