Although Spring is just a few short weeks away, it’s likely still too cold for you to want to spend a lot of time outdoors. It can be pretty frustrating for those of us that enjoy getting our fitness in outside.
Never fear – we’ve got your back! Check out these 5 workouts that are perfect for indoors. Then, get moving while you count down the days until warmer weather!
- Indoor Cardio Calorie Crusher Workout designed by Olympic soccer medalist Lauren Sesslemann. (Time needed: Up to 45 minutes, depending on how many reps you do. Equipment needed: None)
- Spinning. Dust off the old exercise bike or sign up for a class at your local gym. You’ll torch calories, tone up your muscles, and feel *almost* like you’re outside! Not familiar with spinning? Here’s a simple routine from Runner’s World: “Pedal at an easy speed for three minutes to warm up. Then, increase the resistance until you feel like you’re climbing a hill that, if it were any steeper, you’d need to stand. Pedal as fast as you can for 10 seconds, then drop to a gentle spin. Your rest period can last from 30 seconds (to build endurance) to 80 seconds (to build speed).”
- Get jumping! Sign up for a trampoline class or get yourself a re-bounder (aka mini trampoline). Just 6 minutes of cardio moves on a trampoline is the equivalent to running about 1 mile.
- Plyometrics. These workouts incorporate explosive movements like tuck jumps, jumping jacks, and single-leg hops to improve cardio endurance and strength. Best of all, they can be done from the comfort of your own home and require little space or equipment. You can find lots of plyometric workouts streaming online, or check out Beachbody’s beloved Insanity series if you’re ready to invest some money into your routine.
- Go for the swing. Kettlebell swing, that is. You can purchase kettle bells virtually anywhere – from big box stores to fitness stores – and they come in a variety of weights. Then give these 22 kettlebell moves a try and torch some serious calories!
Before you know it, the sun will be shining and the air will be warm and cozy. How awesome that you’ll be ahead of the outdoor workout game by getting in shape now while it’s cold!
Do you have a favorite indoor workout routine? Make sure to tell us about it so that we can all give something new a try!
Make a bet on your weight loss today! Find out how much money you can win for losing weight.